Alert: Winter Storm Warning until 10:00AM Saturday...Prolonged period of accumulating moderate to heavy snow expected... .A pair of moist Pacific storm systems will impact the region beginning early Thursday and then again for Friday and Friday night. The mountains ringing the Columbia Basin will accumulate impressive amounts of snow during this period. The valleys also have the potential to experience heavy snow accumulations. ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM THURSDAY TO 10 AM PST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulation in the valleys 14 to 20 inches north of Athol otherwise 8 to 14 inches. 2 to 4 feet in the mountains. Travel will be very hazardous at times especially over the mountain passes.
* WHERE...Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry, Priest River, Eastport, Schweitzer Mountain Road, Kellogg, Pinehurst, Osburn, Wallace, Mullan, Fourth of July Pass, Dobson Pass, and Lookout Pass.
* WHEN...4 AM Thursday to 10 AM Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAI LS...Be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times.
* AFFECTED AREAS: CENTRAL PANHANDLE MOUNTAINS ... NORTHERN PANHANDLE
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.