Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 11:00AM...FREEZING RAIN EXPECTED TODAY ACROSS CENTRAL WASHINGTON... .Portions of central and north central Washington will receive a thin glaze of ice today as bands of freezing rain and sleet move through the region. Freezing rain will be somewhat spotty in the Moses Lake, Grand Coulee, Ritzville, Waterville and Omak areas. Motorists driving across the Columbia Basin will encounter locally slick conditions on untreated roads, especially on untreated roads. The most significant ice accumulations will likely occur along the East Slopes of the Cascades around Leavenworth, Plain, and upper portions of Lake Chelan around Holden Village and Stehekin. These communities in the East Slopes have the potential for a tenth to a quarter inch of ice accumulation today. ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PST THIS MORNING...
* WHAT...Rain and freezing rain expected. The ice will result in locally slick conditions. Ice accumulations will generally be less than 1 one hundredth of an inch.
* WHERE...Coeur d`Alene, Post Falls, Hayden, Worley, Spokane, Cheney, Davenport, Rockford, Deer Park, Springdale-Hunters Road, Orin-Rice Road, and Flowery Trail Road.
* WHEN...Rain with local freezing rain will occur between 8:30 and and 10 AM. Temperatures will rise above freezing after 11 am.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for locally slick conditions this morning. The spotty nature of the freezing rain may produce a glaze of ice in some areas.
* AFFECTED AREAS: COEUR D'ALENE AREA ... NORTHERN PANHANDLE
Instructions: A Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain snow means that a glaze of ice is expected on roads and other surfaces. Use caution when traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.