Community: Fire Weather Watch until 08:00PM Sunday
...Hot...dry...and unstable conditions Sunday... .There is the potential for plume dominated fires Sunday afternoon and early evening as hot and dry conditions combine with an unstable atmosphere. This will result in Haines 5 or 6 conditions. ...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR HIGH HAINES FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE CASCADES (FWZ680...682...685)...OKANOGAN HIGHLANDS (687) AND THE IDAHO PANHANDLE (101)... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Fire Weather Watch for high haines...which is in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening.
* Affected Area: Fire Weather Zone 101 Northern and Central Idaho Panhandle (Zone 101)...Fire Weather Zone 680 East Washington South Central Cascade Mountains (Zone 680)...Fire Weather Zone 682 East Washington Central Cascade Mountains (Zone 682)...Fire Weather Zone 685 East Washington North Cascades (Zone 685) and Fire Weather Zone 687 East Washington Okanogan Highlands (Zone 687).
* Haines: 5 or 6.
* Winds: West to southwest 5 to 10 mph.
* Timing: Sunday afternoon and early evening
* Relative Humidities: 10 to 20 percent.
* Temperatures: 80s in the mountains...low to mid 90s valleys.
* Impacts: Any new or existing fires will have the potential to become plume dominated.
* AFFECTED AREAS: IDAHO PALOUSE
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.