Press Release 9-15-17
Alert: Freeze Warning until 09:00AM Saturday
...COLDER TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TONIGHT... .With the arrival of a colder air mass, high pressure will build over the region with lighter winds overnight. This will allow temperatures to tumble well into the 30s across the northern Washington and Panhandle valleys with many areas experiencing the first frost or freeze of the season. ...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM PDT SATURDAY... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Freeze Warning...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 AM PDT Saturday.
* Temperatures...upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Timing...late tonight into early Saturday morning.
* Impacts...Below freezing temperatures are expected for a significant period of time which could kill sensitve vegetation.
* Locations...Bonners Ferry, Priest River, Eastport, Kellogg, Pinehurst, Deer Park, Chewelah, Newport, and Republic.
* AFFECTED AREAS: CENTRAL PANHANDLE MOUNTAINS .. . NORTHERN PANHANDLE
A Freeze Warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. Cover or protect outdoor plants until temperatures warm above freezing.