Press Release 11-4-17
Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 04:00AM Monday
...WINTER STORM WITH MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO IMPACT THE REGION ON SUNDAY... .A weather system will bring a prolonged period of snow to the region. Snow will increase across north Central Washington late this evening before spreading into eastern Washington and north Idaho Sunday morning. A band of moderate to heavy snow is expected to set up across central Washington to the Central Panhandle Mountains. This is expected to have significant impacts to travel along the Highway 2 corridor from Leavenworth to Spokane and along Interstate 90 east of Spokane to Montana. Winds down the Okanogan Valley will also result in blowing snow on Sunday with poor visibility expected at times. ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SUNDAY TO 4 AM PST MONDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches, with mountain accumulations up to 7 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry, Pr iest River, Eastport, Schweitzer Mountain Road, Colville, Deer Park, Chewelah, Newport, Kettle Falls, Springdale-Hunters Road, Orin-Rice Road, and Flowery Trail Road.
* WHEN...4 AM Sunday to 4 AM Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Look for reduced visibilities at times.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTHERN PANHANDLE
Instructions:A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 511.
Press Release - Weather Advisory