Press Release 11-8-17
Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 12:00PM Thursday
...MOIST AND COLD STORM SYSTEM EXPECTED TONIGHT AND THURSDAY... .A Pacific storm system will spread snow across much of the region tonight and Thursday. Snow will continue in the mountains on Thursday. The valleys of northeast Washington and north Idaho may experience a messy change-over to rain on Thursday with freezing rain possible during the transition. ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON PST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total valley snow accumulations of up to 2 inches are expected. Freezing rain accumulations of a light glaze are possible in the southern valleys. Mountain snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches are possible.
* WHERE...Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry, Priest River, Eastport, Schweitzer Mountain Road, Colville, Deer Park, Chewelah, Newport, Kettle Falls, Springdale-Hunters Road, Orin-Rice Road, Flowery Trail Road, Republic, Inchelium, Wauconda, Chesaw Road, Highway 20 Wauconda Summ it, Boulder Creek Road, and Sherman Pass.
* WHEN...Snow will develop this evening and intensify overnight. The freezing rain threat will begin Thursday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Expect hazardous driving conditions for the Thursday morning commute period.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTHERN PANHANDLE
Instructions: A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 511.
Press Release - Weather Advisory